Global Head of Product
About SIY Global
SIY Global is a venture-backed start-up with a vision to humanize work by making neuroscience-based social and emotional intelligence skills practical and accessible to individuals and teams in organizations worldwide.
Our history originates from the Search Inside Yourself (SIY) platform, born at Google as a neuroscience and mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training program.
Due to the high demand for SIY externally, the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute was spun off from Google as an independent educational institution in 2012, and over the past decade has worked globally with enterprise customers such as Google, SAP, Procter & Gamble, Salesforce, Disney, Visa, Genentech, Nestle and many more across a wide array of industry sectors..
SIY Global launched in early 2022 as a public benefit corporation with a focus on scaling our signature science-based programs.
SIY Global combines in-person and virtual programs delivered by a network of over 600+ providers in over 60 countries. With the closing of our seed investment round, SIY Global will develop a SaaS, cloud-based education technology platform to deliver our professional development experiences at scale.
What is the opportunity?
The Global Head of Product role at SIY Global will lead the development of our technology platform, application and infrastructure, to support our increasing scale. This role reports directly to the CEO.
The person filling this role will formulate our product development strategy (in collaboration with and as a part of the executive team) and be responsible for the product life cycle from beginning to end. All product functions at SIY Global will report to the Global Head of Product.
This position will require building and integrating a newly formed team of designers, software engineers, and existing product managers to identify, specify, and prioritize products and features through direct partnership with customers, certified teachers, and developers.
- Serve as a member of our executive team, while supporting leadership development at all levels in our highly collaborative culture
- Lead all aspects of visioning, designing and developing SIY Global’s core digital product offering across web and mobile
- Track KPIs across the funnel, including activation, engagement and retention
- Define product requirements and roadmaps to drive business impact
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, competitive landscape, and potential partnerships, all in service of SIY Global’s core mission: to build more engaged, connected, and high-performing workplaces where both people and business can flourish
- Build, mentor, and manage a product team including product managers and UI/UX designers, and nurture a customer-driven product culture
- In collaboration with the Operations team, develop and own a plan to ensure the company’s compliance with data security and data privacy regulations across key markets
- Promote SIY Global’s organizational culture that balances innovation and intuition with a deep respect for scientific knowledge and market insights
- Contribute to a client-first mentality across the organization by sharing insights and intentions within the organization and to our community of certified teachers
- Partner closely with Marketing, the Client Engagement team and the Teacher Training & Development team to generate user feedback and integrate insights into product roadmap
- Model SIY Global’s company values
- 10+ years overall product management experience, with 7+ years experience of growing and leading product functions in global startup environments – ideally in the creation of a new product category or industry-defining category
- Experience in B2C, B2B2C and B2B product management a plus
- Successfully implemented data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- Experience leading and growing a product organization covering a multitude of use cases and various platforms, preferably in the SaaS/subscription business related markets
- Experience leading remote work teams
- Proven start-up experience with ability to handle tasks both big and small and be “hands on” as needed
- A natural instinct for cross functional collaboration and shared leadership
- Critical reflection skills and the emotional and social intelligence enabling you to bring out the best in your collaborators
- A passion for learning within a variety of disciplines, including: behavior change; leadership development; transformative learning; adult education; talent analytics; organizational psychology; and organizational metrics
- A personal meditation, contemplation, or other mindfulness practice or an openness to cultivating one
- A collaborative personality that values team performance as well as individual accountability
Location: Remote/flexible within the United States. SIY Global has an activity-based office policy, with quarterly visits to the San Francisco headquarters expected for executive team members. Option to work from our offices in the Presidio of San Francisco.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Uncertain if you meet 100% of our qualifications? If you believe that you could shine in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to this field, returning to work after a gap in employment, looking to transition, or take the next step in your career path, we’d love to have you apply!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter. Thank you for your interest and we are very excited to get the opportunity to speak with you!